Monday, September 22, 2008

The Missing Technology Related Post...

I meant to blog about this story a while back because I thought it was interesting. It's not actually that current now, but I still think that it's an important issue. "What is he even referring to?" you may ask. Go on.

This.

Yes, Google had a clause in their new browser's user agreement which meant that anything viewed using the browser belonged to Google. The situation has been apparently rectified, but it's still kind of worrying. Google have fingers in so many pies (digitising every book - ever, Google street view, Google earth, etc) that if they ever abandon their "do no evil' ethic, they will have a nasty little monopoly on gigantic amounts of important data.

It all sounds a little conspiracy theory-ish but it's true I tell you! And once Skynet is built we'll be overrun with Terminators and...

Well, I thought it was just an interesting article.

No comments: