Tuesday, September 23, 2008

There's a Bear in There...

It's play week!

1) Image Generators

I tried a few of the image generators which are around. One was Cooltext. It wasn't very helpful unless I wanted to have cool sparkles or a new Myspace layout (that's sooo 2006...).

Most of them were very limiting from my point of view (I’m used to creating images in Photoshop though).

One site which had an image/animation generator which I thought was kind of clever was this one. My very creative effort is here. Enjoy!


2) LibraryThing

LibraryThing was worth checking out. After entering some books into the library it was interesting to see a list of people who had the same books appear. I’m not sure that I would use LibraryThing much. It’s a bit like a blog in that the more that’s on it the more useful it is. I don’t see myself having the dedication to add things to it all the time to keep it fresh.

Anyhow, here’s my (very small) library.


3) Rollyo

Was pretty useful. I only specified five websites for my Searchroll, which came up with results which were very specific. I also tried a search using no filtering, which gave really vague results in comparison.

My Searchroll is located here.

No comments: